Tuesday, October 14, 2008

RIP Amelio Estevez... We miss you Wayne...

Got trashed two days out of this long weekend... It was freaking great...

Sunday Morning my phone rings...

Me: Hello???
Jason: Hey Tiff, it's Jason...
Me: Oh... Hey... (I deleted his number like a year ago... and ignored his phone calls)
Him: Um... Do you still talk to Siyani?
Me: Ah... that's my best friend... I talk to her every day... (I'm a bitch as you all know)
Him: Oh yeah, well, I didn't want you to find out like this, but Wayne died last night around 8pm (I grab my chest... and felt bad about being a bitch for the first time in my life...)


Wayne... Wayneeee bear... Amelio Estevez... Those were his nicknames that bestie and I gave him....

I met Wayne a few summers ago... Bestie, Bottom Boo, and myself were head hunting (head hunting- the act of finding a cute guy with a bike) at the BLVD... I ran into guy named Jason... Long story short... I hit Jason up one day... told him I wanted to go for a ride... And needed to know if he had a friend for my friend... Wayne was the friend Jason brought for bestie...

That was a hell of a day... We started riding at 2... I think we ended around 8 or 9 that night... We went to Annapolis... Came back around my way to a cookout... Went to Chick-fil-A... and almost got shot, cause a fight popped off in the parking-lot... Good times...



After that I would always see him at the BLVD... with him and his "Biker Boys"... smallest of the crew... But the biggest personality of the bunch...

Bestie gave him the nickname Wayneeeeee Bear... Me... I called him Amelio Esteves... Just because he would button his top button on his shirts... and have it open at the bottom... You know... Like the Mexicans do...

So Wayne... Bestie, Bottom Boo, and myself... we miss you... Thanks for kicking it with us at bike week... Thanks for giving us the best ride we've ever had... And thanks for being you...

Love ya Amelio...

Tiffany*

No comments: