Sunday, March 7, 2010

foolishness... good times... and great friends...


before i get started i just want to say that i think my mom is the most beautiful woman in the world... not just because she's my mom... but because she really is... she's loving, kind, honest, a lush (a very funny lush... she came in the house drunk last night saying, "I am a momma bear... and no one fucks with my cub..." lol... gotta love it...) and a great mom....

let's get to it...

yesterday i called Siyani up and asked what she was doing... (Yani is 9 months sperminated...) so i told her that i would come scoop her and we'd go out... it was a nice day... and i knew she didn't want to be in the house...

i ride to her crib... (of course she wasn't ready) so i go in... and see her trying to put on her gucci sneakers... lol... her feet are pretty swollen at this point... but she managed to get them on with a little help... once she gets her pennies (inside jk) in her shoes we then ride out... we head down to the water front and eat at some Mexican spot... the food took to long and wasn't that good... but we made it work... we then go to Buzz Bakery... (i'm actually here writing this blog as we speak... lol... love this place...) grab some cupcakes... and then head home...

and after i dropped her off... i realized that this might be the last day i spend with her... as just Yani... next time we go out... she'll be Yani... the mommie...

Yani and I have been friends for 11+ years... and we literally have nothing in common... truth be told... i'm not sure how we have become such good friends... we are from different sides of the track... we like different things... we go to different places... and we date different types of guys...

at times i get jealous of her other friends... because she can relate to them better than myself... she has a best friend who is a mom... which she soon will be... a best friend who likes to do the same things that she does... which i don't... a best friend... well... that's more like her... than i am...

but at the end of the day Yani has always assured me that our relationship is unique... and has great value... and i believe her... when i'm with her... i laugh... i cry... i smile... i... just can be me... at that's all that matters... there's a saying by Dr. Seuss... "be who you are... and say how you feel... because the people that mind don't matter... and the people that matter don't mind..." and that's why she matters so much to me... and i to her...

at the same time i have a girlfriend who is a great reflection of me... we eat the same foods... shop at the same places... and go out to the same spots...

Nicole has been a great blessing in my life... and even though she's across the country she's very close to my heart... we always hang when she's in town (she'll be back soon... i need to get my kidneys ready... it get's ignorant when she's here...)... what's even better is that she's introduced me to another lady that i've gotten very close with...

Deanna... how can i describe her... pretty... lovable... smart... and ditsy... lol... she's so pretty... she's fun loving... she'll get you shitfaced drunk... and take care of you by cooking you noodles and making sure you drink water... lol... but every time we hang, i get closer to her...

looks like it wont be to hard for me to get those bridesmaids together for my wedding (if i EVER get married...) after all...

at the end of the day... if feel like our friends are a reflection of what's really in our hearts... and maybe even what we strive to be... and if that's the case... i must want to be a pretty amazing person...

love you guys...

Nola*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today and have been reading through posts, I will respond to a few, but found the need to start here! Why? I'm glad you ask (lol)! I am going through some things with people I "thought" were really my friends, but when it all boils down to it they are not. I can't depend on them, though they lean on me ALL the time. I speak of ridding myself of many of them, but for some reason I hang on. I wonder if it is for fear of having none. Don't get me wrong, I may friends quite easily, but my low, raspy voice with an almost always serious look throws people off quite often. I think I am definitely guarded after being hurt or backstabbed by a few females. When I met my hubby I dropped all my male friends which is one of my biggest regrets. Since going natural I have come in contact with a whole new range of folks, but limit the conversation/partying with them. Your post really made me think about true friends and how rare they are! It is great that you have such a great group!


Love your blog! We are expecting bad weather here so I am sure I'll get to catch up today, this evening or soon:)