*congrats to the steelers!!!!! ain't nothing wrong with a young black coach winning the super bowl!*
one of my homies called me a dude in a skirt... that statement originated from a looong dialog him and i had this saturday... i kinda disagreed... but after much debate... i conceded... and agreed... that at this time... i am... a dude... in a skirt...
the feelings that came when the convo was over kinda sucked major... i'm single... (i know i shouldn't allow people to make me feel bad for how i'm living my life... as long as i'm happy and healthy... but sometimes i do...) so i feel like a should act accordingly... the main reason is that when i do get in a relationship... i don't want to feel like i've missed out on something... because the next relationship i get into that man... is gonna be... my husband...
as all of you know i have a mini smorgasbord of guys... some of them have caught feelings for me ... some are just j.o's... and some... i know we'll be life long friends...
but i kinda feel like i'm filling some type of void or trying to find some type of shallow validation within myself...
i don't feel empty... i don't feel insecure (well... not most of the time)... i just like having a few different dudes on my team... being that i'm single and all...
i just hope that the one that matters to me the most doesn't just see me as a dude in a skirt... but he sees the good in me too... the part that loves and adores him (i love u Texas...) ... and if he doesn't... then that kinda sucks... cause right now... i'm not changing... for nobody... now if someone wants to take this ride with me... come on... and buckle up... cause the ride is bumpy... and the AC isn't working... and i might need you to change the oil a few times on the way... but i promise you... whoever takes that ride with me... when we get to that destination... the reward will make that ride look like a walk in the park...
i just know... that one day... "the right person will still think the sun shines out my ass..." -juno
Nola*
4 comments:
Juno is one of my favorite movies, and your line "cause the ride is bumpy... and the AC isn't working... and i might need you to change the oil a few times on the way.", is classic. LOL
Looking back over my life in the years before I'd met my husband I wish I would have dated fewer guys. Maybe I wouldn't be so heartless now. Too many people can clud your vision andd cuase you to become immune to natural female feelings.
I so agree with your last paragraph about the bumpy ride. Great way to put it. I feel the same when it comes to me and my "next."
OMG..I've been trying to expalin this to a certain somebody who thinks he's my at work therapist, for a minute. This sums it up quite perfectly.
KUDOS.
L.Bee♥
I'm mad you ended that post with that quote. I love that movie.
Post a Comment